Bridal Shower Themes.
Planning a bridal shower for the Bride who has everything? A great way to give the engaged couple what they really need or least expect is to host a theme bridal shower.
Bridal shower themes just for the girls….
- Lingerie – Use your imagination to help the new bride fill her trousseau
- Kitchen – Traditionally the bridal shower was a kitchen shower with guests bringing something fort the kitchen; small appliances, tea towels, bake ware.A new twist on a bridal shower theme is the recipe shower where each guest brings their favorite recipe and includes the dishes needed to make it – bake pans, spatula, whisk etc.
These are great couple shower ideas….
- Wine/Bar – Each guest brings a bottle of their favorite wine. In addition, as a group you could buy a wine rack and glasses to match or even a bar a fridge.
- Barbecue – As a group buy a barbeque grill and each guest brings something to go along, utensils, sauces, aprons, recipes etc.
- Tool Shed Shower – Lawn mower, shovels, hoes, weed eaters, anything the newly married couple may need to fill a tool shed.
- Backyard – As a group gift think a single big item like patio furniture and then each guest brings a small gift like plastic glasses, patio lights, bar ware, lawn chairs, potted planters or patio furniture. If the bride and groom are moving into a new house how about shrubs trees, plants and flowers.
- Around The Clock– Each guest is given a specific time of day and their gift is one that would be used a that time
example:3am could be sheets, 7am an alarm clock, 8am breakfast items
- All Year Long – Similar to the clock shower but each guest brings a gift for that month
example:February – snow shovel, June-garden tools, December – Christmas decorations.
- Bed _ Bath Shower– The gifts will reflect one of these rooms. Gifts for the bedroom include sheets, clock, paintings, lamps, blankets while gifts for the bath include towels, hamper, waste basket, candles.
- Money Tree – This is a great shower idea for a couple who live out of town, no gifts to lug home! Cut branches from a twiggy tree and place in a large vase or bucket weighted down with sand or pebbles. The boughs can be sprayed any color to match the theme of the shower or left natural. Twinkle lights wrapped around the branches look great and add a dazzling effect at night. Each guest attaches small envelopes filled with money to be taken home and opened later. No gifts to return!